It’s my seventh year writing the Surfing Pizza. I used to bake weird cakes to commemorate my blog’s birthday, but I haven’t in the last year or two because baby.
But I wanted to bring the tradition back this year, except I have no idea what to do. So I’m asking you. I need ideas. I need weird ideas. You guys know my level of competence in the kitchen (zero) and my level of artistic ingenuity (zero but tries very very hard.) Someone give me an idea for a cake and I will “artistically interpret” it and bake the results.
I will interpret and bake all the cakes commented. Not all at once though. Maybe like one or two a month.
We’ll call this series “Interpretive Baking.”
Edit: Whoa, wow, people still read my blog even after I disappear for weeks at time these days. Okay, so, I’ve got ten cakes lined up to make. I’m going to attempt to make them at a rate of 2 per months, which is like a five month backlog now. So feel free to comment, but I may not make your cake until next year.
Still, I’m feeling inspired. Here are the 10 cakes I’m going to “creatively interpret” over the next five months (or more, or less.)
(The wife is all like “WHO IS GOING TO EAT THESE CAKES” as she grimaces in pain or horror – I’m not sure which.)
1. Blog logo cake (Surfing Pizza, duh, it will rule.)
2. Pizza cake (made of Pizza or cake? We shall see?)
3. Tye dye cake (what could go wrong.) (everything.)
4. Zombie Barbie Dress cake (This will involve BLOOD or red food dye.)
5. “different chips” cake (this one scares me the most)
6. Boardwalk cake (might have collectible wood pieces embedded)
7. Yard Sale cake (god only knows)
8. Random recipe from a comic strip cake (dark horse)
9. Monster cake (might be made from real monster)
10. Dragons. (That’s it. Just dragons.)